Tuesday, February 19, 2008

You better have made your way to the polls

Wisconsin State Primaries...ah yes. Well, this was my first time to vote for anything larger than town government elections. I had to register with the Watertwown, WI, precinct, because I was lazy and did not vote absentee. Yes, I know, I should have. I will re-register for DeForest as soon as possible.

Who to vote for is probably a question that many people asked themselves...I mean, Huck, the most conservative candidate doesn't really have a chance. However, the way the system works, if McCain doesn't reach 1191 delegates, there's a possibility that he will not be chosen by the Convention. Very unlikely, however. Still, to appease my conciense i voted for Huckabee.

Honestly, assuming the Republican frontrunner is the man chosen, the only way for McCain to beat a candidate like Obama is to choose a very conservative running mate. Huckabee would be good, but Fred Thompson would be better.

Now, what I think would be very interesting would be the first African-American woman V.P. That's right, Condy. Ms. Rice would definitely be a solid choice. She's conservative, stable, someone to get excited about. I would be very happy if McCain chose her. It is a very interesting idea to choose the first black and woman V.P. A good way to combat either Obama or Clinton if the American people are so thirsty for firsts.

No comments: